We are the national police force for the railways. Every day, we police the journeys of more than six million passengers. Our aim is to get you home safe, secure and on time. We are one of the world’s oldest police forces. We were the first to recruit female police officers, the first to use technology to assist in solving crimes and the first to use police dogs. To find out more click on the link below:
Contact Us To report a crime or incident :
Call 0800 40 50 40
In an emergency call 999
Information for Parents/guardians:
- The Rail industry spends over £280m every year as a result of railway crime, a high percentage being acts committed by young people.
- The British Transport Police now estimate there are 10 million cases of trespassing every year by children under the age of 16 years of age.
- The financial impact for rail users, who in total made just over 1.9bn in 2014/15 journeys is startling.
- The figures do not include lost income or measure of inconvenience that commuters suffer due to delays.
- These figures show that rail crime adds 28p to every passenger journey made in the UK.
- Please help us keep our railways safe – See it, Report it.
Spot the dangers
(4-7 years of age)
Tell the story
(7-11 years of age)
Play Safe and Be Cool
(4-7 and 7-11 years of age)